Re: [IGS] Imports

> From: Cynthia S. Lohry <Hedgehug@AOL.COM>
> Subject: Imports
> Date: Friday, July 10, 1998 1:05 PM
> Alby,
> Your suggestion about asking others to go in on an order was an excellent
> idea.  I've contacted one local grower who was interested and the other
one is
> out of town until Monday, and I will be seeing her on Tuesday.

Don't forget that I can organize cuttings of Regals and Zonals also so if
you hear of any Aussie raisings that you would like and can not find in the
States let me know.
Cuttings usually cost about 80cents to $1.20 buy.   I would suggest
that you order more than 1 of each to cover for any losses. Can not let you
have Cliff Blackman's yellow zonartics yet.  I think next year.

> You mentioned there are two main growers.  Are they by any chance on-line
> that I could obtain a plant list from them to share with Jerry and Carol
> make our list from?

Unfortunately no they are a bit backward and not computerized yet. One is
Marj Edwardes.  Only backward computerwise of course.    There are other
commercial enterprises in NSW but I hope that I can arrange your
requirements locally ( Well they are both about 50 odd miles from my place
but that's local).  I must get hold of their latest catalogues but around
here that doesn't list everything that they carry.  One has to fossick
around to find treasures.
We have a little time as you are enjoying summer at the moment and the
better timing would probably be around September/October.

 I really appreciate your help.  Is there anything in the States that you
> like that I could send you?  Seeds, books, my first-born cat?  I'd send
> famous home-made cookies, but I don't think they'd arrive in good
I will skip the cat and I am not aloud to eat the cookies, we will figure
something out.
Geraniaceae is all around the World