Re: [IGSROBIN] Creamery

Hi Andrew,
All I have in my files about P. Creamery is the following:
<< Creamery, P. x hortorum (zonal), soft yellow semi double flower,
normal to small size, breeder: Rev. Stanley P. Stringer, Occold, Suffolk
UK, 19.. >>
The variegation of some of my plants indeed is not so spectacular as on
f.e. Atomic Snowflake but definite and a bit weird. It consists of small
freckles of lighter green-yellow as well as some larger spots of the
same color randomly found on some leaves. Ther basic leaf color of the
Creamery is bright green with faint zoning of some of the leaves.
It must be something viral (as are all variegated forms) but how it came
to be around in Creamery I have no idea about. Hopefully this info can
give some more clues. Wished that Mr. Springer was still alive to tell
us more about how he bred the cultivar and more...
Perhaps some UK list members can tell us more about its breeding roots
and forms?
Bye for now
Mimy in a sunny-rainy Holland

--