Re: [IGSROBIN] IGSRobin Mailing List and IGS Websit

Hi David and all IGSers,

I have been in a continual lurk mode this season due to feeling
continually overwhelmed :-)  but I do appreciate the postings that I

I would like to say something on the subject of ONelist though. I
subscribe to a number of onelist groups but have not been real
impressed with some problems that I have had with the ONelist server.
They seem to be in the line of occasional error readings in their
formating that twice now has caused my ISP to ban them until we
complain and ONELIST seems to get the problem fixed. Though Prodigy
Classic is not known to be a real top notch ISP (they are closing the
doors on the Classic in October due to insurmountable Y2K problems) ,
I have heard that other servers have run into this problem also. The
errors seem to cause massive backups at the internet PO 's in such a
way that the servers feel that they can no longer accept mail from
ONELIST. I don't know why the problem occurs and I hope that ONELIST
can overcome it but for now, my vote is stay with STJOHNS.EDU unless
we run into big problems there.
Just my 2 cents.
Hope all is well with everyone. My Pellies have been growing slow
this year for some reason. I suspect that we have had so many weather
swings that it has thrown them off somehow. One week real cool, next
week real hot etc. We now are going though a hot time with Heat Index
in the 100's. My hardy geraniums seem just fine with all this though
and are prospering. They are all in the ground though and not in pots
so maybe that can make a difference too.
Zone 5 , Rock Island, Illinois