[IGSROBIN] summer growing plants

Dear All, especially Ingrid,

Since it's been quiet round here for a while I thought I'd stir the pot
a little. Not that I suspect that its contents are getting burned or
overcooked, but just that I began to wonder if the cooker was turned

Anyhow, in the heat of summer we are now getting at long last, quite a
few of my winter-growing plants are still growing. Ingrid, you always
wrote in glowing terms of your Pel. cotyledonis. I like the plant as
well but it grows here in winter and goes dormant in summer. This year I
thought I'd try to keep it growing. And so far, I have. Nice new bright
green leaves under our hot summer sun. No signs yet of flowers but, who
knows? It was a question of making sure its soil humidity was NOT
allowed to drop, for even a day. That's probably not so difficult for
you but here, especially with a fast draining mix, it requires a lot of
attention. Do you need to watch watering carefully in summer?

I also planted out a number of the winter-growing pels (P. dasyphyllum,
P. crithmifolium, P. alternans, P. echinatum and other as well as the
Sarcocaulons (6 species). Well, they seem to be liking it. Growing and
flowering. In the meanwhile, some others insisted on taking the summer
off (P. fulgidum) and I have left them sulking quietly in the shade,
watching their relatives enjoy the sun.

It will be interesting to see what happens this winter. Should I have
any reason to worry?

San Diego, California