Re: Introduction and Question

Hi Diana,

It is good to hear from you again. I have been having life changes going
on quite a bit myself and can certainly sympathize with you. You have
always impressed me to be a real trooper, and I have been amazed as to
how much you have been able to do in the past. Even if you are able to
do half those things now, you are being a real blessing to those around
you I am sure. I have confidence that you can bounce back though. You
have my prayers.

As far as the erodium question goes, I have one that I have been really
impressed with. I bought it from Bluestone Perennials a number of years
ago and it has been coming back every year since. They called it Erodium
"Charm" . I know that when I asked Robin about it, she wasn't convinced
that it would hold up to zone 5 winters. I have it in 2 places which
both have a southern exposure. One gets some warmth from an outside wall
of my house but the other is on a short incline going from a locust tree
to my driveway. The clumps aren't spreading super fast but they are nice
healthy clumps that seem to stay green all winter and bloom well
throughout the spring and summer. I understand that winter dampness is
more of a problem for erodium than the cold so I have tried to keep
mulching to the very light side but the one over by my drive I didn't
mulch at all this last winter. BTW. I live in Rock Island, Ill which is
somewhat close to the zone 4 border. The Mississippi river might be
somewhat of a factor since It if only 1/2 mile away but I am not sure.
Winters are getting milder around here these days.
HOpe this helps.

Sincerely,
Dale Neil