Re: Introduction and Question

Diana Pederson,

However your climate is not comparable with the wet and moderate Dutch
winters, I will give you some info about my experience with Erodiums in
The pinnate leafed erodiums of the subsection Petrea are in general
suitable to survive the winter, provided they are grown in a not to wet
soil. Therefore I grow them in rockgarden or in a raised bed, composed
of well-drained, rocky and poor soil. To protect them from  to much
rain, I place glassplates over them, thereunder the wind can freely go,
to keep them dry.
E. rupestre, glandulosum, foetidum, crispum, celtibericum and
cheilantifolium (all pinnate leafed) survive and give nice flowering,
produce seeds and spontaneous seedlings, who do the best, having chosen
there own place to grow.
Many of these plants are endemic in the higher regions of Spain and
N.Africa, where it can freese severely.
In case your garden is covered with a nice blanket of snow, it might be
even better then my manipulations with glass plates.

Hope this will encorage you to grow Erodiums.
Rein ten Klooster