Re: Geraniums

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Geraniums
  • From: Mia Esser <mia.esser@HETNET.NL>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:42:49 +0200

Hallo everyone and special Pat,
 A picture of Geranium 'Patricia' you will find on my homepage. Click on Cultivars and you find Patricia by clicking the letter P.
Mia

Hi Terry, Hi everyone,

I'm new here and not an expert on geraniums, but I do love growing them in
flower boxes and other containers, as well as in the garden. I have a
comment for Terry and a question.

Terry, I don't know the ballerina geranium, but my experience with all of
my other geraniums is that I get many more blossoms by deadheading, and I
do seem to have to cut back my Johnson Blue's to keep the blooms going.

My question is for Terry and anyone else who can comment. You mention that
you have a geranium called "Patricia", and I wonder if you can describe it
for me. A couple of years ago when I bought my Johnson Blues, I also
purchased another geranium that looked exactly like the Johnson Blue,
except for the color of the flower, which was a pink. Otherwise, the plant
and the size and shape of the flower were the same. My Johnson Blues came
back the next year, but the pink variety did not, and since then I have
been unable in my area to buy replacements. When I purchased it, the pink
variety was marked "Patricia", but the Patricia's I find on the internet
all seem to have a larger flower. What I really want is a "Johnson Blue" in
pink. Any help on a source would be appreciated. I live in Maryland.

Pat
zone 7