Re: IGSROBIN Digest - (#2002-63)

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] IGSROBIN Digest - (#2002-63)
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 01:04:08 -0400

Hi Everyone :)

1. Hi Claire :)  Thanks- I was wondering if most are done by cuttings.  I
had looked at Holt's website (and of course came up with a long list-lol)
I'll check again around here first, and at the other two- I'm familiar with
Logee's but I haven't ordered from them, and I'll check Blue Meadow.  By the
way, I have half my plants on an open but roofed porch, and the other half
in full sun/exposure.  But I also circulate them around a bit.  Some come in
for the cheeriness of the blooms, then they go back out and another comes
in.  My biggest problem here on Cape Cod is slugs.  But also, I guess I
should admit :) , when those Nor'Easter storms come through, I'm running
around grabbing the geraniums :) Most of the scenteds are also potted, but
they live in/around the back yard garden for the summer - I repot and cut
back all of them in the fall when I bring them in, only to make sure no bugs
are coming in with them.  I have a few this year that are staying small, and
seem to be almost dwarfs, so that will help with space.  Thanks for your
help :)

2.  Hi Bill :)  Thanks, that's a generous offer.  I'd love to try them,
although it sounds like you are telling me (and Claire was too) that
"from-seed" plants may or may not end up looking as we expect (or want )
them to.  But, I'll try anyway if you have extras, I'd be glad to send
postage, and will email you directly.  It will be a good way for me to learn
about heredity a bit.  Thanks again.

Laurie