Re: IGSROBIN Digest - Black Magic Rose

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] IGSROBIN Digest - Black Magic Rose
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:16:41 -0400

Hi Everyone - Denise and Pandi- would they have changed the name at the AAS
site recently?  The last time I had checked there before tonight, it was
listed as Black Magic Rose, as I remember checking it before I bought the
seeds.  Also they had been previously listed at Park Seed as Black Magic
Rose, as Denise mentioned about the previously listed catalogs. In fact,
Park was showing sold out about a week and a half ago - perhaps that was
about when the name changed-I'll have to check if they have them now.

At this stage I had been interested in when to remove the pods more than
whether they will bloom true or not, and if you can help me with that I'd
appreciate it.  I was thinking they had self pollinated, but you are
probably right in that they have crossed with something else. I guess I'll
find out when the seedlings bloom. I have managed to find seed from my
original source anyway, and am just waiting for the order to be confirmed,
but thanks for the seed company names.

Laurie

Laurie A.E. O'Meara

Artist and Horticulturist