Re: Scented Pelargoniums repotted

  • Subject: Re: Scented Pelargoniums repotted
  • From: hedgehug@AOL.COM
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:36:07 -0400

Kent,

At shows and sales, eye-catching labels drew a lot of attention.  The
best I have seen is where someone took an artificial lemon and wrote
the name of the plant on it and stuck it in the cluster of lemon
scenteds, an artificial apple, an empty tin of nutmeg, a silk rose,
etc.  I have also seen people write the names onto wooden spoons and
then stick the handles into the pot.

We had a basket of peppermints sitting beside P. tomentosum at our own
show last year with a little note that the plant smelled like and an
arrow pointing to the basket.  What we didn't realize was that many
visitors were  helping themselves to a peppermint as they walked by.
By mid-day on Saturday, someone came up and asked me, P. tomentosum
smells like baskets??  After that, we kept an eye on the basket and
refilled it regularly.

Cynthia Lohry