Re: [IGS] Geranium Johnson's Blue

Pat & Alex wrote:
> I've been following the thread on Johnson's Blue but have never seen
> them in any garden center, but then, we seem to have a limited variety
> of geraniums available here. I'm in zone 7. Is this a more northern
> variety? Are they available through any catalog?
> Thanks.

Geranium "Johnson's Blue", clear lavendelblue, 70 cm, G. himalayense x
G.pratense, Sun/semi-shade, june-august

Two listings of Johnson's Blue:

Moerheim Plantenwinkel's catalog:
Geranium "Johnson's Blue" 40 cm, blue flower, flowers from june to
august, sun to semi-shade, large flowers, rich flowering. DFL 4,25 (=
US$ 2)
They carry 27 different Geranium species / selected species variations /
cultivars as well as 1 Erodium (variabile "Roseum") and a small
selection of Pelargoniums in the green house (some nice old fashioned x
Peltatums, some Orbit and Elite F1 breds from seed, three colors of
Stadt Bern and three cascade x Peltatums from the Balcon series (red
pink and lilac). All Pellies are DFL 2,75 which is around US$ 1,40.
adress: Moerheimstraat 78, 7701 CG Dedemsvaart, ph: 0523-612345. They
are next to the famous Mien Ruys model gardens where there is a display
of over 100 different Geranium species in one of the gardens.

For the USA - the pages from the online catalog via
G. 'Johnson's Blue' Abundant, spoon-shaped lightblue flowers with
reddish veins on a compact plant whose leaves intermediate between G.
pratense and G. himalayense, are mid-green with a slight gray tinge (S)
18x24" Z. 5-6 (Sp.-Su).
Mimy Sluiter