[IGS] Appleblossom Rosebud

Dear friends,

Last year in England I managed to find a specimen of pelargonium 'Appleblossom Rosebud', the plant many people wonder about when they see it for the first time. My plant is quite small (after pruning in spring), though the books say it can grow quite large and is considered to be one of the really large zonal varieties. Mine is in a 6" pot, perhaps that also keeps it small (about 7"). My problem, however has to do with its flowers. Whenever I see someone else's 'Appleblossom Rosebud' in pictures or so, its flowers look really luscious and blossomlike and the umbels are reaaly fully in bloom. My plant does flower, but the florets never make it to the really 'ball-like state'. Instead they seem to dry out and go brown. I keep my plant indoors, in front of a large southfacing window. Should I water more or give more fertilizer? Any tips?

Jip
Alkmaar, Holland
martjip@multiweb.nl