Re: [IGSROBIN] where did they come from!

Hi Andrew,
        My ghost rider is blooming too. Got it from Mike Vasser two years
back with,"fading trident." Both very similar in leafed notching and color.
They tend to lean towards species Pelargonium Grandiflorium in leaf texture
but not in leaf shape. One that Mike hybridized is called P. hybrid508E from
crossing these various combinations I am still waiting for the bloom. I
believe Mike said to me that he picked up the seedlings, Ghost rider and
fading trident up from one of his South African trips while also, gathering
up unique varieties of oxalis. He actually had on the oxalis packets the
kilometers out of town where he found them. Wish he did the same for the
Pelargoniums. He did mention to me that at this point in gathering seeds,
even in the motherland....they are hybrids of hybrids further away from the
original species at which they were years ago.
        When the South African Pelargoniums go dormant Mike works on growing
the oxalis and other various South African bulbs. He is a good plant rotation
        Anyway, Boy my Regals are doing some really interesting genetic
statements! My Inez is sporting right in the middle of the plant,
"Rembrandt!" My Honeywood Hanna is doing the same but making Judith Thorp.
Honeywood Hanna is lavender and Judith Thorp is Salmon orange. I always new
lavender and orange worked together. Mother nature is just reinforcing my art
theories. My Molly Madison (pink) is sporting Moonglow (Lavender!) It's all
so very exciting!
        Anybody else seeing interesting genetic interplay on their plants?
        A friendly note to all Southern California growers, due to this crazy
weather now, back off on watering to much. Let the plant totally dry out
between watering! Over watering is our true Pelargonium killer.....!
        Cynthia Pardoe.
PS Andrew....Do you want a list of all the South African Pelargonium species
plants names and dates where and when founded by the early botanists, that,
categorized and brought them back to England?