Re: [IGSROBIN] G oxonianum..hardiness?

Dear friends,

Thank you for your responses...that was quick indeed!
The plant in question was acquired from Croftways, a nursery in the UK;

members.aol.com/croftway/
e-mail; croftway@aol.com
They have an extensive bearded iris listing ( also a variegated iris puh!)
and their Geranium offerings aren't too bad either :-)))

Rein...I quote; Introduced in 1998. Extensive brown markings on the
foliage. Palest pink flowers with darker veins. May to September. 45cm/16''

Croftways also have their 'own' Geranium called 'Coffee Time'. My friend
got it..open pollination of G sessiliflorum novaezelandiae Nigricans and G
oxonianum ....possibly.. they say. I am looking forward to a piece next
year! Anyway I got a promise ...:-))

Lisa, I am supposedly in zone 6 too but our weather conditions couldn't be
more different! I'm coastal, a lot of Sweden 'suffers' from coastal
climate, which means mild rainy Summers. Tepid is more like it!
But we do get snow..a light cover in Dec which may melt away and January
can be almost frost free during the day and then King Bore strikes in
February!
I also like seed exchanges :-)))) but then I tend to end up with a lot of
seed too!

Keep your fingers crossed for me..on Sunday I shall visit a nursery which
is rumored to have a whole greenhouse just bursting with pellies...I shall
probably end up with the shakes and shivers! Wouldn't you?

Oh and again ...all of you who so kindly responded to my questions early in
Spring..all your good advice on how to germinate Hardy Geraniums paid
off..I am now the proud Mama of a lot of teensy weensy seedlings...and to
tell you the truth...when you have some of the nice double Victorian
cottage Aquilegias, and then hardy Geraniums and live in slug/snail
paradise..just who needs Hosta?

All the best from sunny/rainy and mosquito infested Sweden....ouch..here
goes another one!

Ingrid