Re: [IGSROBIN] where did they all come from?

Hi Alby!
        Well, will mother nature stop surprising me? My P. violareum has a
seed pod in the making! Three years later. I also was treated with an
additional treat on behalf of my P. violareum, past-tense. As I was clearing
away my lavender peony's poppies for the season, to my surprise.....I found a
P. violareum growing! I didn't plant it!
        Now Alby, on a different note....If fulgidum, your theory and others
differ didn't participate in the offspring of Regals where did the orange
come from? Also, I feel that all theories are valid until a DNA analysis is
done on the early Regals. You know, those that we dried and put in archives,
hopefully! A great potential master thesis, yes! As a person that focus on
the scientific data, one should always be open minded to evolution of changes
in plants genetic make-up. Nature is forever dynamic and changes are always
occurring. Yes, we have found that fulgidum's offspring are sterile now, but
do we have data that proves that it occurred as a non-sterile plant earlier?
        My historian friend gave a theory to a group of basically 98% new
comers. The Reader's Digest version of getting the public educated on
Pelargonium Species with visual aids. As I had said before, when I made my
horrible list from his notes, the list was a Chronology of Discovery of
CERTAIN species of S. African Pelargoniums. I am sure that Dr. Sexton would
love to debate theory with you, since he can't make any rebuttal on his
behalf, I will respect his theory and others that are shared on-line. I will
always be open minded to any and all theories.
        Your Pelargonium Species list is excellent. It would be wonderful to
have dates on each species discovered!
        Have a colorful Day!
        Cynthia Pardoe