Re: [IGSROBIN] what's in a name?

Andrew you are spot on.   My understanding is that bees can  travel over a
mile between flowers so anything within that radius can be the daddy of
your seedlings.
The likliehood is that unless flowers are protected and hand pollinated (
and your plants are guaranteed pure ) your seeds could be a cross of
anything, the only thing you can be sure of (or can you ?) is the seed
parent is correct.
Having said all that, some plants are said to be very selective about who
they will mate with and do have inbuilt inhibitors to prevent such
Regards Alby
Geraniaceae Is All Around The World
<A HREF="http://www.users.bigpond.com/SCRIVENS/">Click to visit my web
<A HREF="mailto:SCRIVENS@bigpond.com">Email me</A>.