Re: [IGSROBIN] where did they all come from? What am I getting myself into????

Andrew,
        One of Dr. Sefton's greatest passions is the Regal. As a Dr. in
History, he has studied this plants genealogy. What he presented to me in a
lecture, and what I shared with all of you was his works based on his data
gatherings and historical research on the plant. I think at this point, it
would be wise for me to see if we couldn't dig up the lecture that was video
cameraed and lesson in detail the part that he discusses conjunctional and P.
fulgidum as a genetic part of the Regal.
        As for me, nothing is written in stone. I treated it as "theory" my
words. For until a genetic break down has been done on those old 19th century
Regals, that are hopefully stored in drawers in the England Archives. Then
and only then will I accept the data, and no longer have reason to call it, "
theory." So until otherwise all data is interesting theory and I welcome all
theories. I've seen too much to believe otherwise, I raise the "x" factor
here.......BEES. Boy have you seen the pollen legs of a busy happy bee? Mega
genetic diversities!
        What I have noticed in the garden this year, is an explosion of seed
production. I wonder if this "La Nina " has be a contributing factor, aiding
in the abundance of seed with help from the bees.
        Growing Regals by seed hasn't been something I've tried as of yet. I
am almost afraid to see what my bees have done! Is it worth my time? Or
should I not go there and just make the traditional cuttings for back-ups and
some for the sale and show?
Do I take the next path or play it safe?
        I will be at the meeting tonight with my Unk 202 for you. I know it
has Polka in it and maybe Red Halo....these are Regal Uniques. Maybe there is
a name out there for Unknown 202.
        Until then have a colorful day!
        Cynthia Pardoe