Re: [IGSROBIN] Where did they all come from?Killer Bees!!!!

Hi Andrew,
        Regals unique plants resulted from crosses between regal geraniums
and "old scarlet unique." Hybridizer Frances Hartsook was the first to
hybridize these regal uniques. The flowers are smaller than regals but the
size is easily compensated by large number of flowers produced. If you put
the plant in the ground it will make a compact mound and a wide spreading of
3.'
        My favorite regal unique in this group is called:
           VOODOO !!! Darkest flower, a deep red velvety with dark black
patches, heavier on the two uppers and thinner on three lower petals.
Sounds nice yes?

        On a regal note. I had a regal bloom today. One that I had been
wishing for, for a good ten years. I finally got a cutting of the plant last
year. I gasped when I saw the bloom. It took my breathe away! It's called,
"Humanist." Wonder if it's origin is from Australia like Turkish Coffee?
        BEES!!!!!!!!! Yes, I have my bee sting emergency kit available. But
the bottom line is with those killer bees is to, "RUN LIKE HELL," and get
into shelter!
        Also, to avoid wearing blue, which I love to wear and don't put on
stink pretty. When I raised goats near the bees, I would have to run past the
hives with the nanny's to milk them. To my surprise I had purchase this nice
organic honeysuckle deodorant I put it on that morning and went out to milk
my goats.  Has anyone ever seen a flaming trail of bees running behind a
person and me running in full gallop with a goat on a leach running for
darkness! Oh never again! Let's have a good laugh on me.
        Needless to say...I am not looking forward for the invasion!  I am
prepared for the attack though.

        When P.violareum blooms for you, tell me what you think? Hope you
enjoy the plant as much as I do!
        Have a colorful Day!
        Cynthia Pardoe