Re: [IGSROBIN] 6 petalled Geranium sanguineum

I have a very pretty 6 petaled Geranium sanguineum blooming that I received
in a trade last fall.  It is the most typical red-violet color, but the bloom
is completely round due to the extra petal.  The leaves are also larger than
most sanguineums.
Does anyone else know of a 6 petaled variety.  Any theories on why this would
occur? Could this be a tetraploid?  I have considered the possibility that it
could be an interspecific cross, but looks just like G. sanguineum.  Any
ideas?  Also does anyone know what could cause an extra petal or petals to