hybridizing question

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] hybridizing question
  • From: "Laurie A.E. O'Meara" <Laurie@LAEOM.COM>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:08:59 -0500

Hello everyone :)  I had had to drop off the list due to a computer problem,
but I am back online and have what may seem to be a naive question.  I have
not looked into hybridizing of zonal pelargoniums too extensively, but I
thought I had read that most are sterile?  I have some from seed that are
F1s and wonder if anyone can straighten me out a bit on which zonals might
be sterile, and which might not be, for example if I have to purchase stock
plants specifically to hybridize.  Thanks. :)
 Laurie

 Laurie A.E. O'Meara
 Artist and Horticulturist
 Cape Cod, USA Zone 7