Sad News

  • Subject: Sad News
  • From: David Barrett mentha@beeb.net
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:44:17 -0000

Hello all,

I would imagine that nearly all members of the IGSRobin have heard of,
even if they did not know much about, Michael Vasser. Some of you
would have been lucky to know him. I felt as if I knew him although I
never even exchanged a letter or email with him. His presence was in
my life from plants grown from his seed distributed in the Geraniaceae
Group to the photographs in several publications and online. It is
very sad to think that there will be no more. My condolences to family
and friends. IGSrobin member and Council member Brenda Archer has
provided the following so we all  know him a little better.
David

Michael Vassar passed away February 26, 2003, in Los Angeles,
California.  He was past president of International Geranium Society,
and long-time editor of its quarterly journal Geraniums Around the
World.  He was curator of floristic gardens at the Huntington
Botanical Gardens in San Marino, California.  He was very active in
geranium and pelargonium groups for many years.  In addition to plants
of the geraniaceae family, he also loved cacti, succulents, and bulbs.
Michael was loved by many, and he will be missed terribly.
Brenda

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
IGSRobin webpage: www.igsrobin.info
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo