Re:       Re: Minis

  • Subject: Re:       Re: Minis
  • From: Judith Cassidy <JudithCidy@MSN.COM>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:40:38 -0600

Angie,
My topiaries are much smaller ......perhaps 12-24 inches in height.
I was lucky  to be able to hand pick the plants that I wanted to grow int=
o topiaries.  It was really quite simple.  I looked for a plant with one =
good main stem, trimmed the lowered branches and encourages the upward gr=
owth.  Pinching and pruning as necessary.
I have had several that need extra support....sometimes staking will be e=
nough, other times I used a larger pot and inserted a mini pot filled wit=
h an upright stake and cement od some sort.  I also was able to buy these=
 at a somewhat local greenhouse.  I did find directions in a geranium boo=
k....I will look and email you if I can find them.  The lemon crispums an=
d Mabel Grey work very well.   Good Luck

This year I want to start a zonal and try to train it into a 36inch topia=
ry.

Judy
 =20