Re: [IGS] Intro and a question or two.

-----Original Message-----
From: rhoades, collin <spiderjerusalem@DOOR.NET>

>most of the growing on my plants. I was also wondering if anyone could
>reccomend some caudexed plants that do well in the home or in the back
yard
>during the summer.

It seems that just about all Pelargoniums really thrive outdoors in
ground during the summer. I regularly plant out those from the summer or
summer/winter rainfall areas and get great caudex/stem growth.  P.
laxum, P. bowkeri, P. luridum, P. ferulaceum for example all form large
tuberous root systems that can be raised to catch the eye of most
caudicifiles.  Frustratingly most of the truly interesting geophtyes are
winter growers they for me at least remain in pots.  I think this summer
after a few months dormancy I'll try a few winter growers in ground to
see if they can be persuaded to exit dormancy early and take advantage
of a few frost free months of free root run in ground.

Summer growing Sarcocaulons rarely mentioned on this list also love in
ground growth during the summer.  S. vanderietiae is a natural bonsai
has a growth form and flowers that are hard to beat in the garden.
http://www.connectexpress.com/~pliekkio/sarco2.htm

Keep Growing
Pete Liekkio
Seattle Washington