Re: [IGS] pel seedling

Hi Diane,

> This is so true, Dale.  The seed that didn't germinate or the seedling
the
> sneaky, slimy baby slug ate.:-(
Or that the squirrel dug up too. :-(

> Thanks, Dale.  I will use the same Schultz-Instant I have for orchids.
It's
> 19-31-17 and see what happens.  I will also find kelp concentrate this
weekend.
>  Do you use the kelp as a foliar spray or as a drench? Okay, repeat
after Dale,
> patience is a virtue, partience is a virtue,.... :-D

That sounds like it would work. I use the Kelp concentrate as a drench
mainly because my pet dog likes the way it smells and I don't want
pelargonium eating dog like one of our California friends. (Cindi's dog
give new meaning to the word Omnivore <G> )

Hope you see some results soon,

TTYL,
Dale

> Date: Tuesday, 24-Mar-98 09:23 AM
>
> From: Diane Soares             \ Internet:    (dianes@gte.net)
> To:   IGSrobin@maelstrom.stjohns.edu \ Internet:
> (igsrobin@maelstrom.stjohns.edu)
>
> Subject: Re: [IGS] pel seedling
>
> DALE NEIL wrote:
> >
> > -- [ From: Dale Neil * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
> >  As I harvest the 2 or 3 seeds that come out of
> > a particular cross, I hope I can get 100% germination with a more
> > sensible estimate being 25-50% . I'm always wondering if the 1 that
> > didn't germinate would have been the "prize" I have been looking for
..

> > I think that your new plant should be ready to bloom soon. I believe
the
> > general real of thumb for Pelargoniums (esp zonals) is 15 weeks. I
have
> > found that blooming can be speed up by using a fertilizer with a
high
> > phosporous % . I have also found that Kelp concentrate spurs on
blooms
> > as well as healthy growth in general. Remember, patience is a virtue
,
> > and with waiting for results with plant crossings, that is really a
BIG