Re: [IGSROBIN] Red spots?

You asked:

"Does anyone know why some of my angel pelargoniums are developing little
spots on their leaves?  I have been told that it is (1) a reaction to the
colder weather than normal, (2) it is a viral infection, and (3) that older
leaves get damaged and not to worry about it.  I've got them in isolation in
case it's a viral form of "pellie pox" but does anyone know what's really
wrong with them?"

I hate to ask the obvious but are you sure it is not some form of rust? Are
the spots below or above? I am told there are more than one type and maybe
yours is one of the more exotic kinds. If so, please do keep them in
quarantine!  Let's hope I'm just wrong, which may well be the case. I having
just returned from the joys of travels in the cold and snow and I am now
looking anxiously over my charges to see if, during my absence, spring has
brought on afflictions of whooping cough, flu, rashes and now, red spots.

San Diego, California