[IGSROBIN] snails and slugs

Because we have had such mild winters..no below zero weather for a week
or so, we now have slugs.  Nasty creatures.  YUCK.
A friend uses kitty litter  in her green house to stop the slugs from
climbing up her tomato vines.  She says is cuts their tender tummies.
After each watering it must be replaced, though.
My cucumbers were grown in a raised bed last summer.  The vines grew
over the sides and into the lawn grass.  I did not get the grass mowed
close around the beds, pulled up one vine with this formerly wonderful
cucumber.....It had hundreds of holes in it.  I plunked it into a bucket
filled with salty water.  My husband came by in a few minutes, looked at
that mess and pitched it all in to the compost pit!  If the vines stayed
in the raised bed, I did not have any problems with slugs, but when they
touched the ground, that was another story.
Little tiny slugs have invaded the cherry. plum and pear trees.  They
just vein the leaves.
I am stocking up on a good supply of ammonia, Dale.
Good hunting,