Re: [IGSROBIN] snails

I was just told the most wonderful thing!

Calling around all the suppliers in the phone book looking for something
to discourage
slugs on my hostas, and the woman asked if I had a sweet-gum ball tree?   I
was stunned into silence,  'WHHHAAAAAAATTTT! Those gawd-alful minature
underwater mines?  Those hard shelled prickly tings that can ruin a foot in
sandles; sprain an ankle, roll you off your very own feet?

Yes, she said - if you pile the gumballs all around a hosta, they work just
like glass and
egg-shells - they cut the slug to pieces and they won't crawl over them to
get to your
plants

Have raked up 4 huge garbage bags of sweet-gum balls - I know a BUNCH of
hostas that will have a most unusual mulch this year!
sh