Re: [IGSROBIN] Angel question

HI Judith,

> I was afraid of that. Cool being the limiting factor since I live in
> Carolina. But I do have a cool basement with a bank of florescent
lights over
> shelves, so that may have to be their home, even though I would prefer
> patio with semi shade.

In the South, a semi shaded area would probably work well. Can they get
morning sun there and be protected from the sun in the heat of the day?
That should actually work out very well. When temps start to get about
90, pelagoniums in general begin to sulk. They just start to shut down
until there is more suitable temps for them. If they get that protection
from the midday sun  and if the night temps drop below 90 then they will
continue to grow and be fairly happy.

> It was exciting to hear about your pels in the attic (sounds like the
name of a
> novel).

What a novel idea :-)  I may have to get my word processor working on
that. Hmmmm... I wonder how Stephen King would write that ? <chuckle>

>  Why do you leave the lights on 24 hr? Don't they need a little rest
> now and then? Apparently not! That's a new one on me.

You know, I have thought about that rest thing too. There have been
studies on seedlings that show that 16 hrs on and 8 off made them grow
better than 24 hours on. The reason I do it is because I squeeze as many
plants under 3 sets of lights as I can and the lights are suspended from
the ceiling. I figure they don't get the intensity that I would like
them to have so I make up for intensity by day length. I will have to
admit though that when I take the plants outside in the spring, there
seems to be a long adjustment period even though they had been doing
well under the lights. I used to think that had to do with just the
adjustment to the outside conditions (yes I do harden them off) . Maybe
the length of daylight that they were getting compared to the new
intensity/length they get in outside is more of an adjustment because I
have been keeping the lights on all the time. hmmm.... I will have to
think about that more and test that . Thanks fro bringing it up.