[IGSROBIN] slugs! More...new repellant?

Dear All,

Saw on Gardeweb( Garden Party) that a new slug repellant ...an
environmentally safe one is released in the US. Iron sulphate..I think it
was. Has anyone seen it? Or read anything about it?
Diatomaceous earth is another option, but very expensive here in Sweden!

Thank you Dale..maybe I will be able to grow Hostas one of these days :-) I
managed to buy ONE variety..with special 'rubbery' leaves which the
snails/slugs are supposedly not so fond of...Hosta leaves with holes inn
them can be depressing :-))))

It'll be a while before I will eat slugs...resturants or otherwise, same
with oysters though I don't find them much of a garden pest!

All the best from Ingrid in Sweden...would you believe it...the SUN is
shining!!!