[IGSROBIN] slugs! More...new repellant

Dear Ingrid,,

The new slug-killer you saw is probably Sluggo. It is basically Ferrous
phosphate. I am trying it out and I'll let you know what I think soon.by
the way the stuff is put out by a company not far from here - Western
Agricultural. I have hopes for it. The stuff might even act as a type of

Another thing I use is Ground Rice Hull. Excellent but nearly unobtainable.
I developed a method for manufacturing it for use as an oil spill
absorbant. Far better than diatomaceous earth. The main use now is for
chicken feed, unforunately.

>Saw on Gardeweb( Garden Party) that a new slug repellant ...an
>environmentally safe one is released in the US. Iron sulphate..I think it
>was. Has anyone seen it? Or read anything about it?
>Diatomaceous earth is another option, but very expensive here in Sweden!

>It'll be a while before I will eat slugs...resturants or otherwise, same
>with oysters though I don't find them much of a garden pest!

San Diego, California