Tobacco bud worms

Good morning, friends.

My zonals and some of my regals are being devastated by tobacco bud
worms, both those plants in pots and the many in the ground. I have
sprayed with Pyrethrin (sp?) with minimal results. Any suggestions?

I have been told that BT is a good defense. Has anyone had good luck
with it, and if so, how often should I spray.

I am a newcomer to collecting and growing these lovely plants and would
appreciate some guidance from those of you with more experience.

The zonals seem to be most severly affected, both those in pots and
those in the ground; but I am also beginning to notice an infestation of
both tobacco bud worms and tiny white creatures on the regals, also
potted and on those in the ground.

Van Nuys, CA