Re: Tobacco bud worms

"Cynthia S. Lohry" wrote:

> Ron,
> I've had good luck using BT.  I bought it in a liquid form and diluted it
> into a sprayer.  Then I sprayed the entire plant, making sure to get the
> undersides of the leaves as well as the tops.  The thing to remember is to
> follow the directions when mixing it up, and to get all the surfaces of the
> plant.  Also, rain or watering overhead will wash the BT off the plant and
> you have to recoat the plant again.  Once you dilute it, it doesn't store
> well and you basically mix up as big of a batch as you need to spray all your
> plants at once.
> Let us know how it works for you.
> Cynthia Lohry

Good morning, Cynthia,

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I will apply some as soon as the threat of
showers is past...a bit of an anomaly in these parts, this time of year.

On a happier note, my wife, Vivian, and I attended the Geranium Show at Descanso
Gardens on Sunday. It was a marvelous show, featuring many truly impressive
specimens of Regals, plus numerous very unusual, xerophytic forms, along with
scads of the most delightful scented geraniums.

I missed the boat, however, by not attending on Saturday (had to work!), since I
really wanted to purchase a Mrs. Henry Cox, which for inexplicable reasons,
curled up its toes and died after I purchased it a month earlier.

I was interested to read on several sites that regals do not set flower buds with
temperatures about 60. I wonder what planet the author lives on! Ours are
flowering most delightfully, and abundantly! Our neighbor has a unknown cultivar
that is about 5' tall and is just covered with blossoms, as well. Curious!

Thanks again for your kind words of advice. I will pass them on to the San
Fernando Valley chapter of the IGS, since no one could offer a suggestion at the
last meeting.

Ron Hay,
Van Nuys, CA