Colors

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Colors
  • From: Sandy Connerley <sandyc@SURFARI.NET>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:17:44 -0700

Barry,
    That is a great idea.  Are you going to start hybridizing again?  If
you are, what are you going to use?

Maria,
    Botrytis is not necessarily deadly in my experience.  When I moved
down here in several 11 hour trips, the plants in my cheesy protable
greenhouse in very wet and winter Eureka were a mess with botrytis.  The
bulk of the plants were under lights in the house.  Anyhow, I brought
them down, put them in the miniscule back yard, watered sparingly, and
slowly pruned as they came back to life.  Others have told me I should
have sprayed with fungicide.  But, I didn't and they are now, a little
over three months later doing fine, losing only one plant.  Have also
taken cuttings from plants that have been fine.  So, here is hoping for
your sake.  Do you ever use the beneficial fungi that overpower the bad
guys, like SoilGard from Gardens Alive?

Sandy