  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] BOTRYTIS
  • From: maria guzman <mirror@3RIVERS.NET>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:29:20 -0600

I know exactly why my plant got botrytis.  The weather here has been
cloudy, hazy, chilly, freezing all spring -  in short miserable for man and
beast not to mention flowering plants.  I had recently potted on several of
my dwarfs into plastic thinking they needed more foot room.  I tend to
hover over them and water at the first sign of wilting leaves, in short: if
in doubt I water.  They get afternoon sun from the southwest but this is
not California,  it's Montana, a difficult and unpredictable climate close
to the mountains.

When I realized something was seriously wrong I dumped them out of the pots
and to my horror.... never mind, I needn't natter on!  I've now got
cuttings in pure perlite sitting under lights.  So far they are still
alive.  Maybe I'll try "The Power of Prayer On Plants", something I read
years ago.  Plus more common sense.