Re: Yellow pellies

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Yellow pellies
  • From: Catia De Tomi <cdetomi@LIBERO.IT>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 00:45:53 +0200

I'm working, with few results, to obtain yellow color in a stellar plant.
Six or seven years ago, I have tried with "Creamery" for 3 years.
My Creamery don't produce pollen and I used pollen of many white stellars and zonals. But no one of these crossing have produced seeds.
I think that "Creamery" it is no fertile.
Two years ago, with many difficults, I found a plant named "Yellow" (maybe "Tompson & Morgan's Yellow") that have pollen but it has very very few flowers.
Only 3 seeds was matured and only one generated a seedlings that dead in few days.
I will retry next summer, if "Yellow" will bloom again.

from Italy