Re: [IGS] Puppy Power

Hi Cindy,

> What type of puppy?  And don't let it get near the angels!
>
> Cindi

As far as we can tell it is a beagle/boston bull terrier mix. More
energy than it knows what to do with of course. So far I have been able
to keep it from chewing on the plants by a sharp yell when he threatens
to chomp a leaf. I don't know what he does when I am not looking but so
far no major damage. I told my daughter that he may become "dead meat"
if I find out he has done in one of my plants. (He already has a broken
phone to his credit). He seems to like to dig in the compost and bags of
dried old leaves. Twice now he has been chewing on a nightcrawler (yum )
 . He must be part bird dog :-) .

 No cats in this house with the allergy level high. I'm surprized that I
can tolerate dogs but so far my body hasn't identified them as enemies.

Catford Belle and Spring Park are blooming nicely right now as is my
strawberry and Copthorne scenteds. "Aurora"  zonal has been blooming
almost all winter and I have a number of Appleblossom Rosebud and
Wedding Royal that seem quite happy with themselves <G>. Oh BTW (note to
Ingrid) , Appleblossom Rosebuds make very nice standards. I have some
rather leggy ones that are still blooming quite well but I think they
will need to be in bonsai  form if I were to try to make them standards.
I have experimented with standards only this last year and have
discovered that I will have to figure out how to get them to grow evenly
and straight during the winter months . The ones I have might have been
too tall for my conditions . So I am going to experiment with some
alittle shorter. I think my problem is when I think 18 inches tall, I
think that the main trunk is going to be that tall rather than the whole
plant so I need to experiment more with that.

Hope all is well with everyone. Glad to see that your computer is
working better now , Cindi.. I hope you don't have anymore problems.

Dale