[IGS] Lanky Sumos

Cindi, Ingrid and others

The plants I was describing went from1 gallon size into open ground in full
sun. The position gets very warm. The soil is very fast draining, old
potting mix, piled feet high and on a slope. Get the idea? The plants just
took off and flowered very well. Three feethigh and four across. Lanky is
not the best term for them. But they are not the compact shape they had as
container plants. Perhaps this is just how they end up in nature. Perhaps
careful pruning is needed and even less nutrition than you would find in
old pumice, pearlite and sand mixes. These guys live on next to nothing.

I have had no difficulty in potting on from one size to the next.

Andrew
San Diego, California
awilson@fda.net