Re: [IGS] Internet Message

>Please tell me how and in what situation to grow G. dalamaticum.

The "happiest" G. dalmaticum I've ever seen were growing in an Alpine/rock
garden -- full sun, excellent drainage (compost and sand, basically).  The
plants were low to the ground and covered in blooms.  BTW, these were at
the display gardens at Arrowhead Alpines in Fowlerville, MI.

I've also seen G. dalmaticum growing in situations used for "most" other
Geraniums (partial sun, etc.), but the plants were lanky with fewer blooms.

As I don't currently have any full sun or good drainage situations (I have
the other kind), I've killed a couple G. dalmaticum myself!

Dean Sliger
Ferndale, MI
(Zone 6B)