[IGS] Medicinal Use

A few days ago I received an e-mail with a request for imformation about
G.maculatum. I sent such imformation as I had and received the following
from AutumnCrystal GreyWing which may be of interest to some of you.

 'I am aware it is native to the U.S. and have tried to find folklore. No
one
seems to be able to help. Choctaw, Chickasaw and Creek Native Americans
have
used cranesbill for gonorrhea. The Iroquois used it to heal the navel of
babies, but there seems to be no tales that relate to the plant. Just
thought
someone might know so I have been sending e-mail to the most likely people.
Here it is a very easy plant. Thanks anyway.'
GreyWing
Regards,
Alby
Geraniaceae is all around the World