[IGS] San Diego Show

I enjoyed seeing all the plants on display at the San Diego Geranium Show
today. Far too much for a novice to take to take in fully. Obviously a lot
of work was involved in preparing the exhibits. Congrats!

The impression I get is that Geraniums and Pelargoniums are treated mostly
as container plants. Is that accurate or just my peception? Where should I
go to see these plants grown in the ground, which they do very well in this
area. Any reason they are not grown on freeway verges? It would make a
pleasant change from iceplants.

San Diego, California