Re: [IGS] Geraniums versus Pelargoniums

Diana:

Basically geraniums have a different flower type and leaf shape.
They are hardy perennials in the cooler climates while
Pelargoniums have succulent stems, a showier flower and are
tender plants needing warmth year-round.  Please go to the
International Geranium Society website to see the difference
between geraniums and pelargoniums:

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/2822/index.html

This reminds me.  I'd love to have everyone visit our website.
If you have pictures to contribute that would help educate the
public, or would like to write a brief article about the geranium
family in your part of the world, I'd be pleased to put the
information on a webpage.

Diana Pederson, Michigan, Zone 5, United States
SUITE101 Editor:  http://www.suite101.com/topics/page.cfm/262
Home page:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/1945/index.html