Re: [IGS] Geraniums versus Pelargoniums

Garden Nut wrote:
> Diana:
> Basically geraniums have a different flower type and leaf shape.
> They are hardy perennials in the cooler climates while
> Pelargoniums have succulent stems, a showier flower and are
> tender plants needing warmth year-round.  Please go to the
> International Geranium Society website to see the difference
> between geraniums and pelargoniums:
> This reminds me.  I'd love to have everyone visit our website.
> If you have pictures to contribute that would help educate the
> public, or would like to write a brief article about the geranium
> family in your part of the world, I'd be pleased to put the
> information on a webpage.
> Diana Pederson, Michigan, Zone 5, United States
> SUITE101 Editor:
> Home page:

Thanks so much for the reply, Diana, but I've posted a clarification of
my origional post.
I know the diff of pels and geraniums.  This customer was concerned with
pels.  Read on, I'm sure you'll come across the post.
The Greenhouse Nursery
81 S. Bagley Creek Road & Hwy 101
Port Angeles, WA  98362
(360) 417-2664