[IGS] Lost leaves

Dear Friends,
I've been lurking in the background for some time, enjoying all the conversations about one of my favorite plant groups.  Your expertise is much appreciated.
I have a question.  I grow several fancy leafed pels including Roderick Dhu, Mrs. Parker, Sun Kissed, and Occold Embers in east- and south-facing windows.  Here in the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the sun is very intense at 7,500 feet elevation.  Most are blooming nicely, but I am experiencing loss of lower leaves on most of the plants.  They turn brown and eventually fall off.  Am I going too long between waterings?  Are the plants getting too dry?I
I've also enjoyed growing scented varieties, as many as 25 at a time.  However, my GH was turned into a family bedroom and no longer available for plant growing.  Maybe next year!

Ted Armbrustmacher