Re: [IGS] Which Unique is this - and a new question below

Jip Bieraugel wrote:
> I'll give you a description [of my new Unique]:
> In my opinion it is a unique: it has quite smooth stiff foliage, dark green
> and shaped like that of 'Brunswick' or 'Paton's Unique', which means that it
> is more or less three or five lobed and with sharp 'teeth' to the edges. The
> leaf smells, in my opinion, sharp and unpleasant.
> The flowers are smallish (about one inch), single, in trusses, and they are
> medium pink with a dark red round blotch on each of the five petals.
> I thought it could be 'Crimson Unique', but it is not really crimson, more
> of a shocking or candy pink. Any ideas? I look forward to your suggestions!

OK Jip -
Here is my listing of Uniques for you - take a pick :-) :

Arton's Unique  ....................  ..............................
...... .................... 19..
Bolero  salmonorange, blackpurple marks USA Frances Hartsook, California
19..
Brilliant  purplepink, winered marks  ..............................
...... .................... 19..
Carefree  cherryred, reddishpurple marks  USA Frances Hartsook,
California 19..
Claret Rock Unique  terrared, blackveined  90 light aromatic leaf  UK
.................... 19..
Clorinda  deeprose, lilacrose marks  30-80 ceder scented leaf large
flowers  UK H. Cannell & Sons, Swanley, Kent 1907 (unnamed Regal x P.
quercifolium?)
Colville's Storksbill  brightred, rubyred marks  UK Colville 1819
Crimson Unique  red, black marks  45  lightaromatic leaf  UK H. Cannell
& Sons, Swanley, Kent pre 1880
Golden Clorinda  deeprose, lilacrose marks  40-90 goldenyellow leaf with
cream edge, cedar scented leaf  ...... .................... 19..
(Clorinda sport)
Hula  salmonpink, purplered marks  USA Frances Hartsook, California 19..
Jessel's Unique  rose, purple and red marks  45  slight aromatic leaf
UK Caledonian Nurseries 1953
Key's Unique  salmonpink, salmon and mahonyred marks  ......
.................... 19..
Madame Auguste Nonin  rosepink, red marks  semidouble flowers  45
apricotscented leaf  FRA M. Nonin 1870
Monsieur Ninon  crimsonred  sweet scented leaf  ......
.................... 19..
Mrs Kingsley  rose, lilacpurple marks  45 mint scented leaf  UK H.
Cannell & Sons, Swanley, Kent 1880
Mrs Taylor  scarlet, purple marks  strongspiceyscented leaf  USA
.................... pre 1955
Mystery  deepwinered, black marks  ...... .................... 19..
Paton's Unique  deeprosered with white edge  40-45 sharpscented leaf
FRA Paton 1870
Phyllis  carminerosered, white hart  white edged leaf  UK
.................... 19..
Pink Aurore  salmonrose, redpurple marks  45-60 slightaromatic leaf  UK
Peter Abbott, Cedar Nurseries 1977
Pink Pet  rosered, red marks  spicey mintscented leaf  UK Caledonian
Nurseries 1953
Polka  orangered, purple marks  semidouble flowers  45-50  USA Frances
Hartsook, California 19..
Rollison's Unique  winered, purplenerved  100 spiceymintscented leaf  UK
Rollison pre 1880
Purple Unique  rosepurper, dark hart  40-100 strong absint/liquarice
scented leaf UK .................... pre 1850
Rose Paton's Unique  deeprose with white edge  40-45 sharp scented leaf
UK .................... 19.. (Paton's Unique sport)
Scarlet Pet  red, blackpurpleveined  90  spicey mintscented leaft  UK H.
Cannell & Sons, Swanley, Kent 1900
Scarlet Unique  red, redpurple marks  strongscented leaf  UK H. Cannell
& Sons, Swanley, Kent pre 1907
Select Storksbill  rose, blackpurple marks  UK Davey 1819
Shrubland Pet  rosered with purple marks  90 lightaromatic leaf  UK
.................... pre 1900
Shrubland Rose  rose  sweetscented leaf  ...... ....................
19..
Unique Aurore  red, brownred marks  60 mintscented leaf  UK H. Cannell &
Sons, Swanley, Kent 1870
Variegated Clorinda  deeprose  whitespotted leaf cedarscented leaf
...... .................... 19..
Voodoo  darkred, black hart  50-60  USA Frances Hartsook, California
19..
White Unique  white, rosepurple marks  slightaromatic leaf  UK Peter
Abbott, Cedar Nurseries 1957 known since 1912

Now I have a question - I bought an Unique too and I DO have a name, but
as you can see from my listing above IT IS NOT IN MY FILES - So please
could any one enlighten me on origin, raiser, country etc?
It is a upright plant with P.crispum influence (medium incised leaves)
with a strong sweetfruity scent. The flowers are large so it not a
common "scented" in my opinion, more a Unique type. The flowers are
delecate lilac with darker veining/spotting on upper petals. The label
reads:
"Queen of Sheba"
I love both looks, flowers and wonderful scent so look forward to making
cuttings!
Any clues out there (Alby? others?)
Thanx!
Mimy Sluiter