[IGS] Pels, Sarcs, Erodiums, Geraniums -Pictures

Wow!   Now that I have a new computer I can finally see all of the your
wonderful pictures of my favorite flowers/plants at your great web
sites!
Now I have a question- are these pictures taken with a regular camera
and scanned into the computer or by digital camera?   Is one method
better than the other?
I received a dig. cam. as a gift and want to have pictures of my hardy
geraniums on my computer and maybe get some help with the unknowns from
the experts among us?? :)
Would I need a web page for this?   If so, where is a good place (site)
to get one?  Maybe there are other hardy geranium lovers out there that
would like to share pics?
Many thanks for your help.