Re: [IGSROBIN] what's in a name?

DEAR ANDREW,

I SHARED WITH YOU MY NOTES ON," THE BIRTH OF A REGAL", FROM A  LECTURE GIVEN
BY DR. JIM SEFTON  WHO TEACHES OUT IN NORTHRIDGE, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA .
 HE IS A HISTORIAN AND I HAVE NO REASON TO CHALLENGE HIS STUDIES ON THE BIRTH
OF REGALS.
 I AM SO HAPPY THEY ARE HERE TO GIVE MY LIFE  AN ABUNDANCE OF PURE INTENSE
DYNAMIC COLOR! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET UP IN THE MORNING AND SEE WHAT'S NEW
BLOOMING WITH THESE REGALS. THAT IS MY FOCUS! SINCE I HAVE BEEN GROWING THESE
BEAUTIES FOR 15 YEARS NOW, I CAN SEE WHERE MY RAISING OF BEES HAVE INDEED
PLAYED AN INCREDIBLE PART IN MAKING OTHER VARIETY NAMED REGALS. THOSE
BOTANIST HAD A HELL OF A TIME CONTROLLING THAT PRODUCTIVE INSECT. THAT IS WHY
CONJECTURALS ARE INCLUDED ON THE GENEALOGICAL CHART= BEES
POLLEN PLANT COMBINATIONS..... WITH A COMPATIBLE CHROMOSOME FORMULA
COMBINATION.
IN A LECTURE GIVEN BY GARY SCHEIDT. I RECALLED THE VARIOUS GENETIC CHROMOSOME
NUMBERS GIVEN ,CONCERNING THE PLANT GROUP OF GERANIACEAE. IF THIS IS
IMPORTANT TO YOU I WILL LOOK FOR THE LECTURE NOTES, YOU WILL SEE WHAT WORKS
WITH DIFFERENT PLANT COMBINATIONS. THE CHROMOSOME COUNT  IS THE ISSUE HERE IN
HYBRIDIZING.
BETTER YET I SHOULD GET YOU HIS ADDRESS AND YOU CAN WRITE TO HIM.HE WILL LOVE
TO SHARE HIS WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE ON THE SUBJECT.
TAKE CARE,
CYNTHIA PARDOE