Fw: Re: Blue Sky/ TPB/ IGS Board Meeting

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Blue Sky/ TPB/ IGS Board Meeting
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 19:48:48 -0500

 Hi David and Everyone:)  I have been thinking about this post for a day and
 I feel I have to say something..  I too was assuming that this list was
 officially an IGS list and I really had no idea it was a private list which
 was retaining the IGS name.  I too, perhaps because I am fairly new on this
 list, was expecting board members to be participating.  I did see that
 someone had originally set up the list, but it is listed as the IGS Round
 Robin, and I really had no way to know it wasn't an official list.

 In addition, I am fairly negatively surprised at your wording:
 "Whether or not the US membership of the IGS wish to make it compulsory for
 Board membership to have a computer, email facilities and forced to take
 part in this Mailing List discussion is to me is verging on the edge of
 "off
 topic", which should be plants. However the name is The "IGS" Robin,
 so ....
 "
 -- The "US membership"?  Is there such a divide that one member in the
 United States cannot state a valid opinion without all of us here in the
 states being lumped together in what seems to be some sort of slur about
 where we live?

 I have come to the conclusion that I do not need to be a part of this
 private list, please either send me the instructions of how to unsubscribe,
 or un-subscribe me.

 Thank you.

 Laurie

Pelargonium
> > or Geraniaceae Mailing List at the time. It was opened up to non-members
> > of the IGS, but retained the name by demand, even when asked as recently
> > as last year. If  there are IGS Board members on this List they join as
> > ordinary members of the List and not as representatives of the IGS
Board.