Re: Plant Info Request

  • Subject: Re: Plant Info Request
  • From: Cynthia Pardoe RegalArt@AOL.COM
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 23:36:06 EST

In a message dated 11/19/02 2:52:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sandyc@SURFARI.NET writes:

<<
 First, 'The Dancer' miniature or dwarf zonal.  Is it the same as
 'Dancer'? >>
Sandy,
     I have looked in my reference inventory book of Pelargoniums. I found
from Shady Hill Gardens old catalog of 1987, that Dancer a dwarf zonal that
has a large single salmon flower, with occasional white streaks: zoned with
dark leaves.

    In New Leaf's catalog dated 1986, Jerry has the hybridizer as, Miller,
and the plant Dancer, was hybridized in 1957. Guaranteed yummy color!
Large-petalled single with salmon-apricot/pale pink colors that become
lighter toward the edges. Robust grower.

    I see no other references to any of the other zonals you inquired about.
They maybe more resent varieties.

Cynthia Pardoe