Re: [IGS] more info

My Prince Rupert, Old Spice, and Chocolate Mint scenteds bloomed a very long
time this summer.  The PR bloomed all summer and the OS is still blooming
although its been in the house for several weeks now.  While the blooms are
much smaller than than zonals I think they are just as pretty.  I've followed the
advice of Faye Brawner I found in her book.  She says scenteds prefer slightly
acid soils and are heavy feeders of magnesium.  Every eigth watering I use 1
teaspoon of epsom salts per gallon of water, water normally.  I have slightly
alkaline water so I also use an occasional dose of Miracid for fertilizing instead
of regular MiracleGro, mixed at less than full strength.

My geraniums also do well in full sun all summer but I too am in zone 4.  I
would imagine that some midday shade would be needed in Phoenix.

Has anyone ever gotten their Attar of Rose or Lemonrose scenteds to bloom?
I've had mine for 3 years now and neither have bloomed.

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 18:23:51 -0800, John & Pat Adney wrote:

>For Kay in Tempe:
>
>Forgot to mention blooms in my previous post in answer to your
>questions. Sorry.
>
>Re: flowers, scented geraniums' blooms aren't as spectacular or as
>longlasting as the regular pelargoniums. The blooms are pretty, but the
>scenteds don't seem to bloom as well or as long. For me, anyway.
>
>John G. Adney
>Marion, Iowa

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1