[IGS] Pelargonium cordifolia

Hi Everyone:
Several years ago I purchased a starter plant of Pelargonium cordifolia
while living on the coast of central California.  Most of my plants
stayed out of doors year round.  Recently I moved to the Pacific
Northwest, and it did even better here. But winters is coming, and I
have no idea how to keep it over the winter.  It is in a very large
container sitting on the balcony of an upstairs apartment.  I don't have
a garage, nor a cold area to store the plant.  Is it possible to keep it
alive through the winter months (lots of snow)?  I would hate to lose
the plants.  I live in Portland, Oregon.
Thanks for any help you may provide.
Happy growing,
Keith Davies
depau@northwest.com